Search This Blog

Sunday, December 19, 2021

THE 7 INTERCONNECTED PS OF PREPARATION

 

THE 7 INTERCONNECTED PS OF PREPARATION

By Benjamin Pulle Niriwa, 19.12.2021

Though all the 5Ps of Life are interconnected (Niriwa, 2021), effective or successful preparation also needs seven (7) interconnected Ps. Three examples of these 7Ps that cannot be ignored in every preparation are peace, prayers, and patience; as in the 5Ps of Life. Just as there are physical and spiritual lives: there are also two main types of preparation in life – physical and spiritual. As most Christians are preparing for Christmas, though in most cases we pay more attention to the physical preparation by buying new clothing, gifts, decorating offices or homes and so on; the spiritual preparation must not be left out.

This can be easy when one applies the 7Ps of preparation especially peace, prayers and patience (Fig. 1.). Everyone needs a peaceful environment to prepare well! An action prayer is one that is done with faith; so, Akua Serwaa Bonsu, in her album “Ebeye Yie” says that: “Gyedie nnim a obi nti mi nso a ni” (Bonsu, 2020). What she means is that, without faith no one can please God! The fruit of faith is patience; no one can say that he/she has faith but cannot have the patience to “Wait upon God” (Green, 2017; Graham, 2016). Prayer and patience prepare the person praying physically and spiritually for internal or interpersonal peace.

Being patience as a believer, means that you must always allow God’s will to be done in your prayer(s) and whatever situation(s) you find yourself. A person who has faith or believes in God does not do what everyone does but that which is the will of God. Example, if you have faith or believe in God, you don’t just get married because everyone, especially your age mates are marrying; you would prepare with patience or faith, pray, act and patiently allow God’s will to be done. This is exactly my own story!

I personally practiced whatever I write, and that is preparation! I have worked in the health sector for over eighteen years (18 years). I could have been able to rent any apartment of my choice, but I always consider my background. So, I have stayed in a single room for over 17yrs whilst using the little that I have to help others. Example, I have been able to help my brother right from childhood till he completed SHS. It was my intention to help him complete at least college or university. But, though I am still single and is taking care of him; he got married and gave birth despite all the pieces of advice that I have been giving to him.

Now, look at how my patience is tested! I still treat him nicely, convincing him to at least complete college and let his wife also learn a trade/business, whilst they hold on with the next delivery. Lo and behold, she became pregnant again and he used that as an excuse for why he could not further his education. Upon all that, I have to still help him to start his own business and be self-dependent.

So, how am I benefiting from this patience? Being patience is what has helped me to be able to prepare my brother for life. Now, he is self-dependent and even have someone who is working for him! For the past three years, he did not come and bother me again for help. He is now also man enough to be able to help others. If I were not patience, I could have become angry and decided to ignore him. He could have been a burden not only to the family, but the society at large. But, now he is helpful to the family and the general society!     

Thank you for Reading!

Figure 1. Applying Prayer and Patience in Preparation

References

Bonsu, A. S. (2020, April 14). Ebeye Yie. Retrieved from KKBOX: Retrieved from https://www.kkbox.com/my/en/album/5a4zInSTPUe4D0F4JQUC009H-index.html on 16.12.2020 at 7:45AM

Graham, R. (2016). Patience and Faith - Waiting Upon God. 1-3. Retrieved from simplybible.com/f802.htm on 26th February 2019 at 4:58PM.

Green, L. (2017). What to Do While You’re Waiting on God. Spiritual Growth, Retrieved on 26.02.19 at 6:10PM from https://unlockingthebible.org/2017/08/what-to-do-while-youre-waiting-on-god/.

Niriwa, B. P. (2021). Prayer, Preparation, Patience, Praises, and PEACE: Introduction to the 5Ps of Life for the 21st Century’s Peace. Opinions, Article, Retrieved on 21.10.2021 at 12:40AM from https://www.modernghana.com/news/1112685/prayers-preparation-patience-praises-and-peace.html.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ghana Deserves Recognition as the Role Model for Religious Tolerance and Peace, 2. Happy Eid-ul Fitri, 2024

  Ghana Deserves Recognition as the Role Model for Religious Tolerance and Peace, 2. Happy Eid-ul Fitri, 2024. By Benjamin Pulle Niriwa, 1...