Search This Blog

Sunday, December 12, 2021

Preparation, Mistakes and Apologies

 

Preparation, Mistakes and Apologies

By Benjamin Pulle Niriwa, 12.12.2021

The failure to accept your mistakes (Jones, & Towse, 2019) and say sorry when you wrong someone or others, does not means that you are a tough person! Correcting ones mistakes helps him/her to be perfect in what he/she does. When I first started writing and posting, I was not adding references; I just say what is in my mind without checking to find out if some writers/researchers have said likewise. I was also not using writing templates I have been doing. Later, when I first started using templates, my backgrounds were not beautiful like now as could be confirmed from my previous templates.

I intentionally did not edit them for a reason, but those previous mistakes that I have made have helped to improve my writing skills also my templates more beautiful. Though some writers did not refer to me, though those templates that I was making are not beautiful, they gave clue to some writers who started designing templates to post short messages.

When applied in humans’ relationships, one’s ability to accept mistakes is part of the driving forces like the fear of God, love or being humble that helps him/her to be able to say “sorry” (Brabham, 2021; Freedman et al., 2017; Fig. A.). Though some people are of the view that “Saying Sorry” might not be helpful (Freedman et al., 2017), it is the best way to prepare for forgiveness for fostering peaceful relationship. Unfortunately, some people on earth find it very difficult to accept their mistakes!

This is probably because some people also have misconceptions that accepting ones mistakes and saying sorry is a sign of weakness! The failure of others to accept mistakes is one of the major contributory factors of most violence on earth. If people can genuinely accept their mistakes and be ready to say sorry, most violence on earth could be avoided. If I have wronged anyone, please I am sorry. Thank you for Reading!

Fig. A. Preparation: Accepting and Correcting Mistakes for Peace
 

References

Brabham, M. (2021). How to Really Apologize — and Why Saying Sorry Is Important: Experts share how to be the most effective when making amends. Live, Family, Retrieved on 12.12.2021 at 8:05PM from https://www.shondaland.com/live/family/a37598665/how-to-really-apologize-and-why-saying-sorry-is-important/.

Freedman, G., Burgoon, E., M., Ferrell, J., D., Pennebaker, J., W., & Beer, J., S. (2017). When Saying Sorry May Not Help: The Impact of Apologies on Social Rejections. . Front Psychol, 8:1375. Doi: 10.3389/fpsyg.2017.01375.

Jones, H., S., & Towse, J., N. (2019). Why Do People Make Mistakes? Changing the Narrative around Human Errors over Email. Technical Rep, DOI:10.13140/RG.2.2.24712.67845.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ghana Deserves Recognition as the Role Model for Religious Tolerance and Peace, 2. Happy Eid-ul Fitri, 2024

  Ghana Deserves Recognition as the Role Model for Religious Tolerance and Peace, 2. Happy Eid-ul Fitri, 2024. By Benjamin Pulle Niriwa, 1...